The CyberKnife System offers patients a non-invasive alternative or supplement to surgery:
- Inoperable, complex tumors: Sometimes liver tumors are complex and cannot be surgically removed. The CyberKnife System provides an effective way to destroy these previously inoperable tumors.
- Radiation therapy in addition to surgery: The CyberKnife System can provide a quick course of radiation therapy to catch any cancer cells that surgery may have missed.
- Metastatic liver tumors: If colon, pancreatic or other types of cancer have spread to your liver, the CyberKnife System can be an effective, safe and convenient treatment to supplement other therapies.
- Recurring liver tumor: If your liver cancer has returned, the CyberKnife System’s leverages its precision to be able to target the recurrent tumor, even when conventional radiation is not an option.
- You’re not in the best of health. Traditional cancer treatments and the resulting side effects can take a toll on your body. Non-invasive CyberKnife treatments have minimal side effects, require no painful compression devices or breath holds, and provide a gentler, more comfortable treatment alternative.
- You don’t want to have traditional surgery: If you prefer not to have surgery to treat your liver cancer, the CyberKnife System can provide a safe, effective alternative treatment for Los Angeles patients.